Thursday, December 28

Introduction

Hello everyone.
My name is Bee Ki Yang. I was born on April 15, 1988, and I am an Asian-American currently studying abroad here in South Korea. I am not Korean, however, as many people has made this assumption. I am Hmong, which is a minority ethnic group that mostly resides in China. Therefore, I have that "oriental Asian" look, with the very dark-brown hair and eyes.

I have already graduated from high school in the United States in June 2006, and decided to study abroad in South Korea. I arrived here in August 2006, two months after graduating. Some people question why I would want to go to high school here and not college. Well, I came here for the experience. College life anywhere are similar to each other, but high schools and lower level education systems are what is unique in other countries. I did not want to miss out.

I am fluent in two languages - Hmong and English. I also study Japanese and Korean, but I am no where close to being fluent in either languages. I studied Japanese for 3 years and Korean for 4 months.

I am fascinated with computers, and aim to be a software programmer in the future; specifically video game programming. I am currently learning Flash, but it is very difficult.

I hope that you readers out there will enjoy this blog, and get a taste of High School life here from a foreign exchange student's perspective, as you also will receive from a teacher and other Korean students.

No comments: